Welcome to College Lane Surgery Website
We are a team of health care professionals committed to providing a high quality of care which is sensitive to the needs of our patients. Our aim is not only to help when you are ill, but also to keep you healthy.
Our surgeries are modern, computerised and well equipped with good facilities for the disabled including car parking, wheelchair access and toilet provision.
You can see any of the GPs in the practice.
Stay Well This Winter
• If you start to feel unwell, at the first sign of a winter illness, even if it is just a cough or cold, get advice from your pharmacist before it gets more serious.
• Don’t put off getting the flu vaccination. If you’re eligible get it now. It’s free because you need it.
• Pick up prescription medications before the Christmas holidays start. Many GPs and pharmacies will close over the holidays.
• Do you suffer from breathlessness? Find out if you are eligible for a free flu jab.
• It is important to keep warm in winter – both inside and outdoors as it can help to prevent colds, flu and more serious health problems, such as heart attacks, strokes pneumonia and depression. Heat your home to at least 18°C (65°F), if you can, you might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.
• Make sure you speak to your pharmacists about medicines you should have in stock to help get you and your family through the winter season.
• Make sure you’re receiving all the help to heat your home that you are entitled to. Find out more here:nhs.uk/staywell
• Keeping an eye out for elderly relatives and neighbours and supporting them in the cold weather can help them Stay Well This Winter.
• The Stay Well This Winter campaign can help you prepare for winter. Visit nhs.uk/staywell for more information.
Telephone Orders for Repeat Prescriptions
In discussion with our Patient Participation Group and Wakefield Medicines Management Team we have decided to stop taking telephone requests for prescriptions from 01 January 2017.
Pharmacists cannot order your prescriptions
At College Lane there are numerous ways to request repeat prescriptions. The easiest and preferred route would be online and you can enquire at reception how this works. Other routes include posting or dropping off your repeat list (right hand side of prescription) indicating which drugs you need, or if everything else in not practical then phoning the surgery between 10am and 4 pm to speak to a receptionist.
To reduce the burden on reception, and patients, we will continue to promote online prescription orders and electronic dispensing. Ask at reception.
Not everyone can access their GP surgery during its normal opening hours, which is why you can now view, book and cancel appointments, view and request repeat medication via this site. You can do it any time without waiting for surgery phone lines to open. So, whether its the middle of the night, your lunch break at work or even if you're away on holiday you can log in and secure an appointment within seconds.
Simply call into the practice (over 16s only please) with some form of photo ID, ie driving license, passport or bus pass.
You will then be issued with a unique user name and password. Then visit this website.
Remember this service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
Life made a little easier, ask you pharacist to register you - this video explains it all.
New Accountable Named GP
Read all about it ... You can still choose to see any of our Doctors.
(Site updated 31/10/2017)