Main Surgery - College Lane, Ackworth
|Monday||08:00 - 18:30|
|Tuesday *||07:00 - 18:30|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 18:30|
|Thursday||08:00 - 18:30|
|Friday||08:00 - 18:30|
Alternate weeks "prebooked only
08:00 - 11:30
* Extended hours only. Please check at reception times may be subject to change.
Branch Surgery, Thorpe Lane, Thorpe Audlin
|Tuesday||09:00 - 11:00|
|Friday ||09:00 - 11:00|
Evening and weekend GP appointments
GP practices across Wakefield are now offering weekend and evening appointments.
The new GP Care Wakefield scheme enables patients across the district to have access to GP support after normal practice hours.
This enables patients to have access to medical advice and , if required, access to a Wakefield GP appointment, through their normal GP practice telephone number between:
- 18:00 and 22:00hrs Monday to Friday
- and from 09:00 to 15:00hrs Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays
Patients who use the service will be provided with medical advice from a dedicated nursing team, who can then refer them to a GP appointment that day, if required, at one of two sites across the district.
Tell us what you think about self-care
The CCG (as part of the Connecting Care Partnership) is currently undertaking engagement focusing on self-care and has produced a short survey for Wakefield district resident’s to complete.
As you know self-care includes all the things people do independently to recognise, treat and manage their health.
This includes things like:
- Treating minor ailments such as coughs, colds and tummy upsets
- Managing a long term health condition
- Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet
- Getting enough exercise
- Stopping smoking
- Knowing where to find information or local support that can help
- Taking steps to improve your mental wellbeing.
We need to understand how self-care can improve people’s health and what support we should provide to help them to look after themselves. We also want to know how they feel about sharing their care records. They can let us know what they think by filling in our short questionnaire.
The Survey will close on 8th December.