GP Patient Survey Results 2020
94% say the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at treating them with care and concern during their last general practice appointment
97% were involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment during their last general practice appointment
97% had confidence and trust in the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to during their last general practice appointment
95% felt their needs were met during their last general practice appointment
92% describe their overall experience of this GP practice as good
Ackworth is a lovely semi-rural village in West Yorkshire with excellent state primary schools and a large Independent school (3-18 years).
There is a thriving community, churches and shops and excellent transport links to Leeds, York, the M62 and the A1.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Receptionist to join an established, experienced and dedicated team at College Lane Surgery in Pontefract
We are a well-established training practice providing general medical services for our ever growing practice list of over 10,000 patients.
The successful candidate will be a highly flexible person with office and reception skills. A high standard of computer skills, a good telephone manner and the ability to communicate with others are essential. This role is demanding and varied.
We are a fully computerised Practice, utilising SystmOne, Ardens and AccuRx suite of tools.
Our modern premises include a newly renovated branch surgery in Thorpe Audlin.
Depending on experience
- Managing patient enquiries and appointment bookings
- To ensure accurate efficient record keeping and filing and maintenance of medical record or data in whatever form the practice received or generates it
- To liaise with hospitals and other providers regarding patients
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls to assist with prompt and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with queries appropriately
- To electronically and manually file patient correspondence into medical records.
- To assist with the gathering of statistics and information when required
- To provide cover for members of the team during periods of sickness and annual leave
- Reviewing medical records and producing accurate summaries of patients past medical history
- To ensure practice premises including waiting rooms, consulting rooms and offices are always kept in an organised and tidy condition, safeguarding patients, staff and visitors
- You will contribute to the security and safety of the practice buildings and property when on duty
- To attend meetings
- To assist with other clerical and administrative duties as required
Mrs Kirsty Farrar (Practice Manager)
Mrs Jill Nicholls
Alternatively contact us via the online form on our website.